Saturday 8 June 2013

Why weren’t the Domestic Violence Campaigners protesting outside Eden Park last night?

Reminder to N.Z Public cheering for this bloke and the NZRFU who audaciously selected him in the first place.



Julian Savea is on bail after appearing in court for the second time last month on a charge of common assault.

Truly shameful exercise, lack of respect to the victim - but I'm seemingly alone in this opinion.  

The presumption of innocence is always a factor in these cases.

But do these sound like the words of an innocent man to you?

"I'm not making excuses for myself. I know what I did was wrong, and I'm taking steps to make sure this will never happen again."

"But I will say my partner and I had an argument, I did some things that are wrong, that I shouldn't have done, and I apologise for that".

Tell us Jules what were you tearfully apologising for with the NZRFU Chief Executive by your side?

"I did some things that are wrong"

Being what?

Women in particular should be outraged. 

The Press all over this.

But hey this is New Zealand.

The likes of Women's Refuge aren't even willing to highlight this abasement.

The All Blacks always have a get out of jail free card, the sycophantic 4th estate by/on their side.

If Savea was just 'Samoan Joe' a factory worker from Lower Hutt or an international League or Soccer player the public would want blood, demand he was stood down from representing the country. 

I'm putting my money on Savea walking free from court despite those damning statements he issued at the press conference.  

There is one rule for high profile rugby players in New Zealand and another for you and me.

2 comments:

  1. Why is it that people expect Women's Refuge workers to be out at all hours with banners when, actually, has there been any thought that on a Saturday night, it is one of the busiest times for us as workers, out there helping women who have or are being abused. Why is it that men (and this man) thinks that it is women's role to stand outside a rugby game and protest? Where are all the good thinking men who disagree with the level of domestic violence in this country and want to show Kiwi's that not all men (and rugby players) hit their wives. What happened to your banner John? Why did you not put on your heavy coat and make sure you had a babysitter if you had kids and make a stand out there yourself with some like minded buddies? It is great that you are so passionate about (Correctly) the way NZRFU have responded to this case and there are likely to be more. A blog is one thing, criticising women who are at the cliff face of dealing with this issue for NOT taking time away from this valuable work and getting rather cold outside a possible hostile crowd - I think that is underhand.
    comment from Women's Refuge

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why wasn't I there? Firstly I don't live in Auckland and secondly my wife was sick and I was home with her, noble I know. Hell I even made tea, did the dishes, vacuuming and still had time for sport and the pub. I think you guys are missing a grand opportunity to highlight your cause, break through N.Z mentality when it comes to violence. Thanks for taking time to comment.

    ReplyDelete