Monday 20 May 2019

Boorish Drunken Behaviour from Crusaders & All Black player Richie Mo'unga in S.A



Boy oh boy, what a memorable tour The Crusaders have had to The Republic of S.A.

Read, what the local media terms as ‘Fresh Allegations’.  

Inappropriate touching is a euphemistic term for groping.   

Spitting beer at people?

Animalistic. 

Surely, this can’t be a player from the rugby franchise which considers itself to have a sporting culture above even The Vatican’s Sunday Soccer team.

 "I'm really sorry for that I'm not aware that I did that. Obviously was intoxicated and should've gone home long before that stage, I'm sorry to you and your friends and want to assure you I don't condone that behaviour and am sorry about that"  

Now, is this the reply of someone facing a false allegation, simple case of mistaken identity? 

N.Z Rugby players and management have made understatements like this into an art form.

They have the benefit of heaps of experience, I guess.   

Should I mention that Richie Mo'unga is also an All Black?

Or, is that just taken as a given?  

Here's a suggestion for the sport.

Why not instigate a Rugby Respect and Inclusion project? 


No comments:

Post a Comment